¡®To support National Education initiatives, researches and priorities that is fundamental for promotion of sustainable development¡¯
Education for All programmes supported.
Under this output several activities were implemented that included:
- Capacity building workshop for selected District officials, Early Childhood Development (ECD) centre management committee members and teachers from Kaliro District to effectively implement the ECD policy and provide for the needs of children;
- Meetings for the National TTISSA team to finalize the integration of comments, compiling key findings and developing recommendations to appear in the final TTISSA report;
- Celebrating the International Literacy Day;
- Launch of the Education for All (EFA) Global Monitoring Report 2013 in Uganda on the theme ¡®Teaching and Learning¡¯ that took place at Sheraton Kampala Hotel and presided by Hon. Amb. Kamanda Cos Bataringa Minister of State for Primary Education; and held programme committee meetings.
- Organize a workshop in Kalungu district to build capacity of Primary teachers to apply effective and competency based assessment skills
- Supervise the implementation of a study to assess the Status of Adult Learning in Uganda
- Supervise the implementation of a study on the impact of Human rights, peace and civic Education interventions in Uganda
- Organize activities to mark the EFA Global action week in Uganda
- Organize activities to launch the EFA global monitoring report 2014 in Uganda
- Celebrate the World Teacher¡®s Day.
UNATCOM intends to establish the current status of Adult Learning in Uganda by conducting a study under the UNESCO participation programme.